Monday, July 18, 2005

Today I am feeling that this is going to be a very long journey. There are still so many milestones to reach. Milestones that not only signify the passage of time, but also add relief to the ever-present worries of an expectant parent.

The next big one is the "8-week marker". This milestone is seen by many as leaving the most dangerous zone, as far as miscarriages go. The percentage of chances drops significantly. And of course the next really big one will be leaving the first trimester all together, at about 12.5 weeks. Ahhh, has time EVER passed this slowly?

In other news, I dreamed about my little bun the other night. He was very fat and rolly. And jolly. That's right, I dreamed that I had a boy. And you know what "they" say: if you dream about the gender, chances are that its true. Of course, it could just be b/c I've been thoroughly convinced since the moment we found out we are preggers, that there is a little Brian Junior in there. (Brian likes to think that there is a Brian Junior AND a "Lizzy Junior" in there. I pray that he is wrong….)

Well, its time to get my bloated ass to the kitchen to see if I can find anything that looks even remotely appetizing.

No comments: