Friday, July 22, 2005

Heart and soul

Yesterday we were privileged to have our first ultrasound, at 7 weeks. I cannot describe to you the feeling you have when you see proof of your baby's existence before your eyes for the very first time. There on the screen in front of me was my 1.2 cm long child. And even more amazing....I watched its little tiny heart flickering on the screen (134 beats a minute). Tears filled my eyes. How incredible is it that I could see my baby's heart beating at 7 weeks???

That made it a lot more real for me. I am now growing more and more excited about this little peanut. I will post the sonogram picture shortly. To everyone else's eyes he will look like a small piece of lint. But to me, the most beautiful piece of lint I have ever seen. Stay tuned for more.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think you should know that the fast heart beat means it's a girl:) That will be my vote a little lizzy jr:) Love ya!!!