Tuesday, August 09, 2005

One-quarter of the way there...

Okay, so I'm celebrating a day early. But I am so excited! This is a big milestone in Pregnancy Land and I will explain why. First of all, we have entered the Double Digits Zone. This may not seem like a very big deal, but when you are suddenly living your life measured out in weeks, 10 is a big number.

And more importantly, 10 weeks marks the point that my little peanut is no longer considered an "embryo" in scientific terms. He is now a full-grown "fetus". Well, not exactly "full-grown." But if there was a "Fetuses Only" club, he would now be one of those for whom the bouncer would pull back the red velvet rope, instead of waiting enviously in a long line while wagging his little embryonic tail and balancing his giant head.

He no longer has a tail! In fact, let me tell you a little bit about my little pumpkin and what he's up to these days in mommy's Womb-o-Fun. He is now 1.5 inches big. His ears and toes are fully formed and he has eyes, but they usually stay open. (Which means that he is watching me. Constantly. Hmmm, hope he hasn't seen anything that he'll have to talk to his shrink about....). He also has lips. But most importantly...he now has his genitals. And now that I mention it, who am I kidding? If he is a male, as I predict, and he is like any other male on this planet, he is probably way more interested in those new genital developments than he is about a single thing that I'm doing.

So happy 10 weeks my little nugget! Here's to 30 more. May they pass swiftly and gracefully (and leave me with at least some sort of an ass instead of a pancake where it use to be).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lizzy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I AM SO EXCITED for you guys and can't wait to call you. (I need your number though, so maybe you could email me that ;) anyway, reading these are hilarious... (although I'm sure not quite so funny for you, or Brian for that matter)... and actually make me a little excited to go through it too. I CANNOT wait to talk to you. much love!!!!

Anonymous said...

Okay, my turn! I think we are all in agreeance that this could become a book, seriously print these bad boys off and publish them. I laugh non stop, actually I have stopped reading them at work because I was laughing out loud, not good at a bank. That little one will be very spoiled by all of us loving her:)

Anonymous said...

Hi Liz and Brian! I love reading your blog-- Liz you are just too funny.. All I can say is, I want to read more! Such exciting news!