Monday, April 03, 2006

The dreaded eyes...

You know that scene in the Neverending Story where Atreyu approaches the Sphinx Gate and has to make it through before the sphinxes open their eyes and shoot light daggers from their eyes into his head? And you know how you sit there on the edge of your seat, holding your breath and praying he makes it through?



Well, that's pretty much how I feel after I have spent more than an hour trying to get my kid to sleep. As I slowly and breathlessly try to creep away from his side after putting him down, my heart palpitates and my palms sweat with terror if even an eyelid flutters...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's funny how you actually have a conection to that scene in the Never Ending Story! Have you watched that movie latley? Now when ever I hear the song, I will think of that scene.