Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Birthdays are the best days....

14 weeks

Twenty-six years ago today, my mom was pushing my little bald cone-shaped head out of her nether regions. In six months, I will have a new appreciation for the feat that she accomplished on that blessed day when I entered the world.

So today is my birthday. Nothing too special happened, except that my spectacular husband cooked a fabulous dinner and a scrumptuous cake. He started working on the whole meal last night. What a wonderful guy.

And....I got my first maternity clothes as gifts from my in-laws! Mama Schweizer picked out some adorable (and comfortable!) outfits. And not a moment too soon! My waist has expanded into new territory. I have outgrown ALL of my pants. I had been squeezing new flubber into my old jeans up until about two weeks ago. Then, that got to be a little painful so I actually resorted to (its true) wearing my pants to work completely unbuttoned/unzipped. I had to make sure I wore shirts that were long enough to cover my fashion faux pas. But a couple of times I noticed people staring curiously at my waist and I realized that perhaps my shirts weren't covering my little remedy as well as I had thought.

So anyway, the point is, I no longer had clothes to wear. And the in-laws saved the day. Tomorrow I will be wearing my first ever maternity outfit to work!

Also, just have to mention my sweet cousin who sent me a box of baby goodies yesterday. My first baby gifts!

And last but not least, I want to commemorate this day for marking another really significant milestone in my life: today I am officially in the second trimester! Let the pregnancy version of a honeymoon begin!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A real enlightening blog. Don't stop now. Don't miss visiting this site about how to buy & sell everything, like unfinished furniture on interest free credit; pay whenever you want.